Bouncy castle tragedy claims sixth child after 11-year-old boy dies in hospital

A sixth child has died in hospital after a bouncy castle was lifted into the air at a school event in Australia late last week, police said Sunday. The 11-year-old boy, Chace Harrison, "passed away in hospital this afternoon," Tasmania Police Commissioner, Darren Hine, said in a statement. "Our thoughts continue to be with his family, and the families and loved ones of all the children involved, during what is an incomprehensibly difficult time," Hine added.
The boy was one of nine children who fell 32 feet (10 meters) from a bouncy castle that was lifted by wind during an end-of-year event at Hillcrest Primary School in Devonport, on the northern coast of the state of Tasmania. In total, six children died in the tragedy. Two children remain in critical condition in hospital, while another is recovering at home, police added. Police previously released the names and images of the five other victims, with the permission of their families. They are Addison Stewart, 11, and Jalailah Jayne-Maree Jones, Jye Sheehan, Peter Dodt and Zane Mellor, who were 12.
Next Post Previous Post